Wednesday, August 3, 2011


Lifekind Update
Remember a couple of weeks ago when I posted about having bought an organic, all natural latex mattress for my son? But that it arrived too soft, then too firm? Well, they said they were determined to get me the right firmness and sent out a third mattress, at absolutely no additional cost to me. And it arrived. Perfect. I LOVE Lifekind. They are very customer service oriented. They didn't harass me for being unhappy with the firmness of the first two mattresses. They just worked to get it right. I would highly, highly recommend them to anyone looking to invest in and create a healthy sleeping environment. By the way, for a great medium-firm feel, order a firmess of "20". It has just the right amount of give to cradle your shoulders and hips (if you're a side sleeper) but plenty of support at the same time. Ahhhh, makes me want to go nap on my son's bed right now. Guess I should start saving for a Lifekind mattress of my own!

And just as a sidenote, the sheets we bought for his bed are Coyuchi organic jersey cotton sheets.
I wanted organic sheets of course, but some of the reviews I read about organic sheets were that they were always wrinkly, or too rough/crisp. I wanted something soft, something cozy for him, and that's when my sister recommended looking into organic cotton jersey. Their lightweight so not as heavy as flannel, yet sturdy, soft, and perfect for his bed. I'll post a pic soon so you can see the finished product. I've been looking for a good headboard/footboard option but am running into trouble since we ordered a twin XL length. I ordered the XL length (basically a dorm room size twin) because we plan on the little man having this "investment" of a bed until he goes off to college, and being that his daddy is 6'3", his uncle is 6'4" and his grandpa is 6'3", I didn't think a standard size twin would cut it for him as a teenager. I'll keep you posted, though. Might have to get creative and make our own headboard for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment